Once the activation of your Isabel SmartCard has been completed, you need to subscribe to the Isabel 6 modules before you can start working with Isabel 6.
Starting from the Welcome page, you can always recall the subscribe to modules window to activate or deactivate modules (e.g. Switch from a Signer module to a Standard module in Isabel 6).
How to subscribe to Isabel 6 modules ?
- Go to www.isabel.eu and click on Login in the top right-hand corner. Insert your Isabel SmartCard into the card reader, type in your personal PIN code and press OK. As a result the Isabel 6 Welcome Page appears.
- In the middle column, click the Subscribe to modules button to activate the modules. Every user has to select his own modules.
- Select the required modules. The total price will appear at the bottom of the list.
At least on user selects the Standard Module, in order to be able to create payments. Other users may choose the Standard Module (all Isabel functions) or the Signing Module (limited to viewing account information and signing). You can extend the standard module with optional modules according to your preference.
- After selecting the required modules, click Confirm and sign order. A window containing your order will appear:
- If you agree with the order, enter your PIN using the Isabel reader. As a result the Isabel 6 Welcome Page appears.
Important: When you have subscribed to the Isabel 6 modules, you should wait 30 minutes before starting Isabel 6.
More info on the modules
You need to select OR the Signing module OR the Standard module
Users with the signing module can:
- Consult entered transactions (prepared by other users with a standard module) and sign them
- Consult account information (when properly mandated by the bank)
Users with the signing module cannot activate any optional modules.
Users with the signing module can:
- Manage an unlimited number of accounts at one bank.
- Initiate domestic, European (SEPA) and international payments
- Upload payment files
- Consult entered transactions and, when properly mandated by the bank, sign and send them.
- Consult account statements and request various reports
- Consult sent transactions
- Add extra modules
Manage Direct debits
Direct debit is a collection method that allows your organisation to regularly withdraw funds from your customers' accounts. This function is fully supported in Isabel 6 :
- Manage SEPA Direct Debit mandates
- Manually enter collections
- Collections for an individual debtor or for a group of debtors.
- Import SEPA Direct Debit files created by your accounting package or ERP
- Invite other colleagues to sign one or several payments in Isabel 6.
- New beneficiaries must be entered only once and can then be shared with other colleagues.
- When sufficiently signed, payments are sent quickly and automatically to the bank.
- Let someone else sign a transaction on your PC (switch signer)
Note: The Multisign module, does not refer to the fact that your company can sign a transaction with more than one person. Signing transactions with multiple persons is already covered in the Signing and Standard module.
When do I need the module MultiSign? Some examples.
- If there is only 1 user in your subscription, you don't need the module MultiSign.
- If there is only 1 user who will encode or upload the transactions and the signing is done by the other user(s), there are 2 possible situations:
If all users work on the same PC, you will need the module MultiSign to use the option Switch Signer and Send when sufficiently signed.
- If the encoder(s) and signer(s) work on different PC's, you need the module MultiSign to use the option Send when sufficiently signed and Invite signers.
- If there is more than 1 user who encodes or uploads the transactions and the signing is done by the other user(s), you need the module MultiSign to use the options Switch Signer, Send when sufficiently signed and Invite signers.
- You also need MultiSign in case the encoder(s) want to share counterparties and manage them.
Isabel Offline Reporting
Isabel Offline Reporting is a small software locally installed on your PC, designed to easily create reports based on account information downloaded daily from Isabel 6. All your transaction data in one, easy-to-use reporting tool.
Upload cheques and various files
In agreement with your bank, this module enables you to upload free format files and cheques (RCA files).
A bank can allow a customer to send special file formats to his bank. Isabel 6 will transfer these files without any validation of their format or content.
Here you can find a list of supported file formats of Isabel 6.
Exporting account information
Export account information files to be uploaded in you accounting package (CODA, MT940, ...)
You need to request the bank of the ordering account to send those files to the Isabel platform.
Note: There is an alternative to the Export Account Information (CODA) module: with Isabel Connect, bank statements can be automatically imported in your accounting package without any manual intervention. With Isabel Connect, you don’t need the Export Account Information (CODA) module itself, as it’s already included in Isabel Connect!
A lot of accounting packages (See list) have a Isabel Go button that:
- Download's account information statements (Coda, MT940,...) directly in your accounting package
- Upload's transactions created in your account package directly to Isabel 6
Note: There is an alternative to the Isabel Go module: with Isabel Connect, bank statements can be automatically imported in your accounting package without any manual intervention. Transactions can be uploaded directly to Isabel 6.